Tuesday, January 22, 2013


1.     This is my hand. I’m going to use that hand to start a project which I am calling “My Year in Art”. It’s a 365 day project where my goal is to create one piece a day. I always like to try different mediums and am constantly learning new things. about art and about myself, so it will be fun to see where this goes over the course of a year. Hope you enjoy taking this journey with me!!about art and about myself, so it will be fun to see where this goes over the course of a year. Hope you enjoy taking this journey with me!!ngs about art and about myself, so it will be fun to see where this goes over the course of a year. Hope you enjoy taking this journey with me!!
I am never at a loss for something to draw. When I was at RPI College of William and Mary we had to fill a sketch book a week. I got used to drawing hands and salt and pepper shakers and many other things that do not seem like art subjects. This was my first business card. Once a lady came up to me at Three Rivers Art Festival and said "I know an artist that paints great shot gun houses her name is Gerry Cottrell"...I had to tell her that, "that is me."


No comments: